|ON THE WINGS OF GRACE ALONE: The Testimonies of Thirty Converted Roman Catholics|
Edited by Richard M. Bennett and Glenn R. Diehl
It has often been said that all roads lead to Rome. That was true for those who contributed to the writing of this book. However, the road to Rome was a road that led them away from Jesus Christ. It was a road that led to a lack of peace with God and finally would have led them to eternal damnation. These thirty former Catholics discovered that the Roman Catholic Church was teaching things that were completely opposite to what the Bible taught.
1. Peter Slomski - From Polish Catholicism to Trusting Christ Alone
2. Bernie Hertel - Treadmills, Bondage, Tombstones, an Grace
3. Alexander Lennox - Snake Poisoned, Then More Than Revived
4. Jim Tetlow - From Religion to Relationship
5. Cynthia B. Lindstedt - A Matter of Life...and Death
6. John S. Lindstedt - Three Strikes and You're In!
7. A.J. Krause - From Darkness to Light
8. Laura Gorectke - Accepted in the Beloved
9. Michael F. Scotto - Do You Read the Scriptures?
10. Gearoid Marley - A Testimony of God's Sovereign Grace
11. Kirk Patrick Haggerty - The Turning Point
12. Arnold Urbonas - From the Kingdom of Darkness into the Kingdom of Light
13. Jackie Alnor - From Ritual to Relationship
14. Joe Mizzi - The Weight of Responsibility to Accountability in Christ
15. Matthew Cserhati - Grace in Christ in Hungary
16. Mary McGuigan - A Training Ground for Discernment
17. Stan P. Weber - Falling In Love with the Biblical Jesus
18. Johanna Alexander - The Holy Bible, the Word of God, Guides Me
19. Anthony Carosi - From Darkness to Light: The Testimony of a Philly Altar Boy
20. Jennifer Irvine - The Lord in Whom I Have Redemption
21. Joseph Bergamini - In Maximum Security Prison Yet Free in Christ
22. Robert Emmet Holmes - From Catholic to the Truth
23. Greg James - From Ritual to Regeneration
24. Paul Smith - From Confusion to Understanding
25. Randy M. Bourgeois - The Truth Shall Make You Free
26. Henry Nowakowski - A Catholic Priest Born from Above
27. Joe Flahive - A Great Sinner Coming to Know the Only Savior Jesus
28. John M. Turack - Saved from the Train to Destruction
29. Barbara A. Merz - Life from the Hand of My Father
30. Richard Bennett - The Rest of the Story: The Political Aspect of My Conversion
NEW TITLE SPECIAL OFFER - Nearly 50% Discount
SGCB Price: $12.95 (list price $25.00)
click for details
|THE TRUTH SET US FREE: Twenty Former Nuns Tell Their Stories of God's Amazing Grace|
Edited by Richard Bennett with Mary Hertel
Vatican Council II was completed in 1965. The Roman Catholic Church appeared to have changed her position towards Biblical believers. The Council had pronounced that they were now to be seen as 'separated brethren' (although it also reaffirmed the Council of Trent, which four hundred years earlier had declared Biblical believers to be heretics). Catholics could now 'dialogue' with them, enter their churches, and go to their Bible studies.
In the more than forty years that have elapsed since then, much confusion has arisen both among Catholics and among Biblical believers as to where each stands today. This volume brings the steady light of Scripture and the clear testimonies of twenty 20th century women to bear on this murky religious confusion of our times.
These women became nuns in Roman Catholic convents as their finest means of serv-ing God. The testimonies are 'inside stories', intensely personal, wonderfully down-to-earth. They ask--and finally get the right answers to--some of the same questions that you yourself might ask.
The solid promise of Holy God in Scripture is, 'And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye search for Me with all your heart.' This volume is modern testimony to that living promise.
The book will be of avid interest to -
- dedicated Roman Catholics who often do not know the realities of convent life
- lapsed Catholics who have become discouraged by the practice of a religious faith which has not answered his or her inner emptiness and confusion
- Evangelicals who are being drawn more closely into 'dialogue' with Roman Catho-lics, unaware of the inner workings of that huge, seemingly mysterious system
Richard Bennett, born in Ireland, entered the Dominican Order in 1956, finished at the Angelicum University in Rome, Italy, in 1964. He spent twenty-one years as a Roman Catholic priest in Trinidad, West Indies. He was saved by God's grace in 1986 and formally left the Roman Catholic Church and its priesthood. Presently settled in central Texas, he is director of the Berean Beacon.
Mary Hertel, born into a strong Roman Catholic family, entered the Order of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1963. She left it in 1969 and was saved by God's grace in 1989.
SGCB RCC TRILOGY
ONE DOZEN LATEST SGCB
$5.00 Sale ovt 6g
Available to Ship
SGCB Price: $8.95 (list price $16.00)
Nearly 50% Discount
Order with Companion book ON THE WINGS OF GRACE ALONE by Richard Bennett
SGCB Price: $19.95 (list price $41.00)
THIS PRICE IS FOR BOTH BOOKS - Over 50% off When Ordering Both Books